CATSKILL FLY FISHING CENTER & MUSEUM
ARTS OF THE ANGLER
November 5 and November 6, 2016
Danbury Ethan Allen Hotel
Exit 4, Lake Avenue, Route I-84, Danbury, CT
Daily Admission $12/ $20 for weekend pass. Kids 12 and under free. Hours: Saturday 8:30am-5:00pm and Sunday 9:00am- 3:00pm.
The Arts of the Angler is a full feature fly fishing show in an elegant atmosphere. Here one will find the finest contemporary and collectible fly fishing tackle and accessories, fly tying materials and display flies, books, gifts, destinations, instruction, guiding and services for the fly fishing community. Saturday features a silent auction with items sure to be of interest to the discerning collector and aficionado. Environmental attorney, cinematographer and fly fisherman Ted Rogowski is the featured speaker at the 35th Anniversary Celebration Dinner at 5:30 p.m. on Saturday.
- Vendors will be exhibiting all sorts of items for every kind of angler. Be sure to visit each one to see what is available. Your next favorite rod or tackle item is waiting to go home with you.
- The intimate setting and show floor provide a chance to meet rod builders, fly tyers and other artisans in the fly fishing community. Peruse the aisles and discuss the process of crafting a bamboo rod, ask questions of rodmakers and learn about the art of cane rods.
- Watch over 30 tyers in action from across the table. Demonstrations will be going on all day. Learn new patterns as well as methods and techniques to refine your favorite pattern. Interested in fly tying? Stop by the Catskill Fly Tyers Guild and learn the basics of fly tying.
- Trout Unlimited, the largest cold water conservation organization, will discuss the importance of protecting water while providing educational information about conservation and ethical angling.
- Have something of value but not sure how much? Bob Selb of Classic FlyFisherman will identify and appraise items for you. Have you wondered what a certain book, print, accessory or equipment was worth? Here’s a chance to speak with someone who knows.
- CFFCM book sale provides ample resources to build and maintain your angling library. Books range from soft to hard cover, new to used condition and are priced to take home. Every book purchased supports CFFCM programs.
- Yankee Fisherman host John Kovatch will broadcast live on Sunday. Stop by and say hi to John and share your best fish tale.
SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 5
10:00 – 11:00 a.m. Dave Van Burgel Basics of Bamboo Rodmaking
1:00 – 2:00 p.m. John Shaner Soft Hackles
3:00 – 4:00 p.m. Steve Culton Wet Flies 101
10:00 – 11:00 a.m. Peggy Brenner Tying Successful Traditional Streamers
1:00 – 2:00 p.m. Joan Wulff The Art of Fly Casting
3:00 – 4:00 p.m. Tony Ritter Upper Delaware River: Flyfishing, History & Politics
SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 6
10:30 – 11:30 a.m. Kathy Scott Writing about The Letters to Everett Garrison
12:30 – 1:30 p.m. Terry Shultz Fishing in the Indian Ocean, Indonesia and Oman
10:30 – 11:30 a.m. Joan Wulff The Art of Fly Casting
12:30 – 1:30 p.m. Nick Rubicco Montauk on the Fly
Arts of the Angler is produced and owned by the Catskill Fly Fishing Center and Museum, a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization. For information, email email@example.com or call 845-439-4810. Visit us at www.cffcm.com. Like us on Facebook/cffcm. Follow us on Twitter @cffcmofficial and Instragram @cffcm